Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Shocking Experience!


Grahm was vacuuming for me and decided to unplug the vacuum with the help of a metal rectangle (off a key chain).  While prying the plug out it made contact with both prongs on the plug.  It fused and melted areas of both the prongs on the vacuum plug and his key chain.  

Fortunately Jason has had to educate me about electricity, circuits and grounds or I would have freaked out.  Charlotte (in this same outlet) inserted my sewing tweezers (again there was melted metal).  After calling the Doctor and having Jason come home and explaining that she could not have gotten shocked, I come to terms with the fact that she was not going to suddenly have serious side effects.  I am still an outlet cover maniac, but don't stress when something like this happens.  Mostly I chuckled and asked him if was ever going to do that again.  Which I don't think he will, his eyes were the size of dinner plates.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh my word! That is some scary stuff. Thank goodness nobody got injured. My mom told me years ago that my biological father used to take a pliers rigged with padding and a quarter and stick it into some exposed electrical area and show her and anyone who'd visit how he could melt the quarter. It's a wonder that that marriage didn't last.