Thursday, April 9, 2009

3 Cakes - No Stinkin' Fair


Who out there has ever had 3 cakes for their Birthday? Let me reword - 3 cakes baked by the same person? I think there is an unwritten rule forbidding such a thing.
I know from deep and thoughtful reflection I was never spoiled in such a gross manner. My husband, I think has at least had 3 cakes. For the past 2 years we have been out west visiting family during his Birthday. This of course means Birthday dinner at my Mom's (she spoils him so), Birthday dinner at his Mom's (of course she spoils him) and then Birthday dinner from me (I have to compete).
But, Jayce. My own son, who I have been given the charge to not overindulge, spoil and ruin. I have failed. This year he had 3, all baked by me.
1. Birthday cake at his party. 2 of them, because you have to have enough for guests
2. Cake for his class at school, which I turned into cake pops. Mine were really ugly, tasted good. Go here to see what I am talking about, Bakerella.
3. The family party also deserves a cake.
Here are some pics of the last cake (sorry no pictures of my ugly cake pops - I am perfecting it) and his new remote control car.

No comments: