A friend recently asked me to figure out how to make these flowers and then teach her how to do it. So here you go!! This is based on a JCrew floral headband. You can make hairclips, corsage, headbands, pin it on your purse, etc...
1. Cut 2 strips of fabric 1.5" wide and 11.5" long (you could make it longer!!).
2. Run a gathering stitch down one edge of the strip. You can use a sewing machine or do it by hand!
3. Stitch the ends together. Stitch by hand.
5. Now you need to hide the handstitched ends. Arrange the gathers so the ends are tucked in a fold. Gently press to keep the ends hidden.
7. Wrap up a piece of cotton in the fabric and secure it by hand sewing. It will look like a Halloween Sucker Ghost.
8. When you have all 3 done, you will need to hook them together. You can handsew them or tie them together by wrapping the remaining thread ends around and knotting it.
9. Next you will take your flower center and carefully stuff the ends through the center of each circle.