Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Trimming the Concrete

We finally purchased a new lawn mower for Jason on his Birthday.  Now Jayce runs the new mower (that is self-propelled) while Jason uses the old one to edge.  The new lawn mower looks like it drags Jayce.  Since it has the awesome ability to drive itself he uses it to help him turn.  I hovered the whole time, at each turn he would tip the mower way too high.  I would tell him to keep it down or somebody was going to get hurt.  All was well until this time and at this turn.  Jason had already edged with the old mower so Jayce did not need to get close.  With the mower tipped too high and fully engaged drive he hit the concrete.  It took him a few seconds to figure out what to do.  I had Tennyson in my arms and Jason was close by.  Jayce did manage to let go before Jason got to him.  He was so frightened (I hugged him for a minute) and Dad did good - he went back to his mower and didn't even look at the damage yet.

2 comments:

Mike said...

oooohhh (wince) patience. Well, at least all the fingers and toes are still there (i assume).
Mike
PS tell Jason that I sign out on Friday. Out out. All the way out.

Jen said...

Wow, that's so scary. I honestly don't know if I'll ever let my girls mow the lawn. If it were up to Mike he'd have them out there now doing it. Glad to hear that no injuries were incurred.