Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dragon Fruit

All of you world travellers and more savvy folks had probably already heard of Dragon Fruit.  This was a first for us.  I am glad Grahm requested it for his Birthday.

 The plant (courtesy of wikipedia).

 Grahm and his Dragon Fruit (they cost 300 to 400 yen apiece = a little more that $3 to $4 each).

The inside.

Since it is not really in season (a fact we found out later) it was not that flavorful or sweet.  We diced it up and I added honey to it and then we enjoyed it.

Looking forward to trying it when it is in season.

2 comments:

KT said...

FUN! I want to try one now

Jen said...

I've heard of dragon fruit, but I don't think I've ever tried one before (I vaguely remember maybe trying on though). Your kids are brave for wanting to try something exotic like that. My girls usually have to be forced.