Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Welcome Home Skirt


A long time ago (before dental school) Jason wore "Utilities" - Navy working uniform.  I loved all of his uniforms.  Since he no longer can wear this uniform, I re-purposed it. 

To make this skirt, I cut out two rectangles (1 front and 1 back) as wide as I could.  I added a waistband with elastic (so the buttons do not go all the way to the top).  Then I added ruffled navy grosgrain ribbon to the hem.  I really wanted you to see the pockets and the embroidered labels. I also wanted to keep the creases, there are the 2 in front and the 3 creases from the back of the shirt. 

I think this would be the perfect little skirt to wear to welcome home Daddy after a long deployment or for Charlotte to show off how patriotic she is.  Go Navy!!
(Not a happy helper)

3 comments:

Katie said...

lol! THe look on her face is priceless! "DO I HAVE TO, MOM?!"

Katie said...

oh, and very cute too :)

Abby said...

I love this skirt!