Friday, August 14, 2009

Nauvoo Visit - the Pageant

That night (Wednesday) we headed over to the pageant. We did not go way early to get good seats. However, next time I would (maybe the kids would stay more entertained and there is sooo much to do before hand). This was one of my favorite parts of Nauvoo. I wish we lived a little closer and were staying in the area. I think going to the pageant would be a fun family tradition.

One thing that was really interesting was what kinds of things my boys were willing to do.

Here are some pictures of the activities before the pageant.

Jayce competing in Tug-of-War. They were about to lose, so Jason stepped in and helped them out. Grahm did not want to participate!
Photobucket

The boys used a saw and cut off the end of a log. Then you get to have it branded!!
Photobucket

Grahm competing at arm-wrestling. Jayce did not want to participate!
Photobucket

Stick-Pull. We had to talk Jacye into playing so Grahm could. It also took a few tries before it was fair (Jayce would start out with his legs almost straight).
Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Stilts! Getting lessons from the master!
Photobucket Photobucket
Here is my Dad showing us how to do it!
Photobucket
Jason decided if my Dad could do it, it must not be that hard. Jason needs more practice!
Photobucket Photobucket

Here is my Dad really schooling us!!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: