Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tomorrow Night

One week since we met, Christmas Day 1999.

Tomorrow night he will finally be home. He will have been gone for 5 weeks. Which I know is not that long. This past five weeks has crept along and flown by.

As I sit here thinking of all that I want to do before he gets home - Clean the house, bake a cake, grocery shop, wash the car, etc...

I am not sure I will be able to sleep tonight. I am a mix of emotions.

I am filled with the same anticipation that infects me on Christmas Eve. I feel jittery, exhausted, and happy. I play out the possible scenarios of tomorrow night when we pick him up at the airport. Each is filled with hugs, kisses, smiles and the excited chatter of 3 little ones.

I also feel on the verge of tears. Each of the girls in my family is plagued by overactive tear ducts in only one scenario. The scenario usually plays out thus...

One of us has fallen deathly ill at school and we have been given the approval to make that phone call.

phone ringing

Mom - Hello.

Sister (any one of the 6 of us) - burst of tears and we can hardly talk. Mom, I don't feel good. Can I please come home?

I can already feel it building. The moment I see him - that instant relief that I have love, support, help and I am not alone anymore.

I think there will be tears (and I do not like to cry). I will do my best to keep it at a minimum of only 1-3, but they will be happy tears.

No comments: